Monday, June 04, 2007

Just one more change...

to the Harry Potter inspired scarf - it's now Hufflepuff.

Look, I had the yarn, it was the right gauge (the "Ravenclaw" yarn turned out to be 2 different gauges), the right colors - AND - I have kin in western central PA - so, it can be a steelers scarf when I'm finished.

It's a painfully tedious knit - all stockingette - in the round - row after row after row. Right now it looks like a long bumble bee tube. At about 4 stripes I was tempted to bind it off, add some straps and call it a halloween costume - but I knitted on.

I think it's going to take more yarn that the pattern called for - hopefully I'll have enough!

I still have my lovely gold wool (I used a blend for the "Huffleelers" project) - so if I get some scarlet - I may try to make another - we'll see....

pictures soon.

No comments: