Friday, March 02, 2007

Tiny Treasury



Check out Lawmummy's children's book blog - Tiny Treasury (she didn't pick the name, btw) for some fun contests and great book recommendations.

I have been focusing on some small scaled stuff myself. For some "back story," Lawmummy's kids have a dollhouse. And, as kids under 5 are prone to do, they have pretty much trashed the furniture. Last Christmas, Lawmummy was looking for some replacement furniture and was having a tough time. I, myself, have the most beautiful dollhouse which was built by my Aunt. It's a shingle roofed 3 (including the attic) story farmhouse - with blue shutters and a (made by my dad) stained glass window - Anyway, my aunt and my mother also made the most beautiful furniture to go with the house - my aunt crafted the form and my mom upholstered it (them). When home for Christmas, I asked my aunt about the furniture - just in case she had any extras. At the time she said she didn't have any, but I recently received some "raw" furniture from her in the mail with the instructions to "sand, paint and call your mother." I was really surprised, and excited about the new project.

Well, I haven't sanded or painted the pieces yet, but I have called my mother. We discussed some different strategies and I have an idea as to what I want to do. In the meantime I got some "wood glue" hot glue gun sticks - AND

I bought some lace weight yarn and size 0 needles (yes, Ashley Olsen sized knitting needles). So far, I've knitted a "throw" and a little cushion. They are so cute! I can't wait to upholster the actual furniture - but I'm thinking that I'm going to save the "set" for a birthday present (summer time). Hopefully LM's kids aren't reading this!!!

No comments: