Friday, January 20, 2006

Afghan madness

As reported below, I'm in the planning stages for a bunch of baby blankets - I started one for a friend and I soon decided that I'd rather keep that one and make another for her - fickle, I know.

It's a really basic shell chevron - the pattern is only 11 stitches across and 4 rows - I'm using up a bunch of "odd balls" to basically match a green/pink decor. My color inspiration comes from a checkerboard rug. I need to get some rose yarn (one color I don't have).

Because I'm using different yarns, some weightier than others, the effect of the pattern is kinda lacey - I'm pleased - with the maroon and greens it was looking pretty christmasy in the beginning - I toyed with the idea of gathering it at the top to make a christmas tree skirt - but I think I'll go forward with the blanket.

So I'm still shuffling through ideas for the blankets - I'm leaning toward a fan and feather for the one -

I'm going yarn shopping this weekend!!! whoo hoo!

No comments: