Monday, January 23, 2006

Yarn binge

Went on a yarn binge this weekend - at both Michael's and AC Moore. AC Moore was having a sale on cotton ($1 a skein) which Suzanne bought a bunch of for me to use to make bibs and other baby-type items for her nephew-to-be. Michael's had a bunch of crazy sales on different types and brands of yarn. Got Lion Brand Suede to make a throw for Suzanne; some Paton's Devine to supplement the yarn that Katie had chosen for Suzanne; some Paton's Pooch and Fun Fur to make a handbag; more Lion Fun fur (stripes and patterns) just for "fun"; some worsted weight rose colored yarn for the afghan WIP; some more Dream for a requested scarf -

I'm sure there's some I'm missing.

The craft stores have SO much more yarn and variety than they used to - especially Michael's - AC Moore has increased their stock of high end yarn - you can now get hand-dyed peruvian wool by the hank - I'd need to have a special project in mind to invest in much of that - it can get a bit pricey. It's a little overwhelming when you are just "browsing" - I don't know what to look at first!

Now I'm lamenting that I didn't get more yarn for Suz's throw and "devine" project - hopefully it will all work out.

No comments: