Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Madgirl Knits!

So I've decided to chronicle (ie immortalize) my knitting projects. I had been on a knitting hiatus during the summer (it was so dang hot) but I'm really back into it now.

Part of my motivation is that every married woman I know is expecting this winter/spring (seriously, every single one) - so I'm mentally bogged down with ideas for shower/baby gifts.

My memory is not what it used to be - so I can now use Blogger to help me keep track.

I get most of my patterns from online sources or old pattern books. I usually try to find a pattern to "fit" the yarn I have (people are always giving me yarn) rather than purchasing yarn to fit a particular pattern (although this has been known to happen).

I learned to knit as a pre-teen but I didn't really keep up with it - About 3 years ago I picked it up again, and "re-taught" myself via the internet and instruction from my aunt (master knitter). I really enjoy it - and people really appreciate homemade gifts - which is nice.

I love all the novelty yarns; they're usually a lot of razzle-dazzle for relatively little time and energy.

Cables are probably my favorite "effect" - unless I miss a stitch or skip a row - then I kinda hate them ;)

No comments: