Thursday, January 19, 2006

Penn State Gear

My college alma mater is another of my inspirations - nearly every Penn Stater I know has some sort of Navy and White creation.

My best tailgating buddy, Suzanne, gets a new scarf every season. Attached is a picture of the first PSU scarf I made for her - It's navy and white boucle - I cast on like 200 stitches - to get the vertical "racing stripe" - and then I added boucle fringe which doubles as pom-pons at the football games.

My one sorority sister, who keeps having babies, gets blue and white baby blankets. I make dish rags, potholders, etc for the football faithful.

After I first returned to knitting I made myself a "harry potter" type scarf - very long with broad stripes. (I made a miniature version for another PSU friend with a little boy - however, I catch her wearing it) I used baby weight yarn and smallish (7US) needles and the simple garter stitch. It took forever - but I love it - and I always get tons of compliments when I wear it to football games.

No comments: