Friday, January 20, 2006

Christmas Yarn Extravaganza

This past Christmas my mother gave me some $$$ to buy yarn - actually, it was a little "iou" that she wrapped and put it in my stocking - yes, Mom still fills my stocking (which, incidentally, was hand-knit by my aunt, the master knitter) -

ANYWAY - this December Michael's was having the best yarn sale - on novelty yarns, anyway. The majority of their Moda-Dea stock was 70% off (YES, 70%!) - I bought a bushel of great stuff, including...

Moda- Dea's - Tutu, Wild!, Ticker Tape, Eden - made scarves out of petal pink and lavender Tutu (see photo below); also made scarves out of blue Wild! (see photo at left) and red Eden (couldn't be softer)

Paton's Twister, Allure, Brilliant - I LOVE the Allure - I got it in navy (sapphire) - it is so plush and rich when knitted - I did a stockinette stitch with a garter border - you can't really tell - but it looks so awesome.

Lion's Fancy Fur - I made Suzanne a little muffler - black with purple and blue bits

No comments: